> THE CONCEPT
The artist's Studio is a 16 sq. m. accommodation located in a former fireplace shop of the flea market neighborhood.
Its pop deco done by a real street art artist is absolutely unique!
Here you will find lots of super sympathetic characters such as Superman, Barbie, Wonder Woman, the Pink Panther, Mister Clean, Asterix...
But also a cloud of sweets, flying croissants, a big sneaky yellow cat, a light made from a Mercedes headlights and lots of other surprises.
The artist's Studio is a great accommodation to stay for 3 guests, in an atypical and authentic area a few minutes away from the metro station and Montmartre. All shops are in the immediate vicinity (bakery, supermarket etc.).
Click on the picture to start the video!
> THE NEIGHBORHOOD
With over 5m visitors each year the flea market in Paris Clignancourt is the 4th most popular tourist attraction in Paris. Open from Saturday to Monday this antique market is the biggest in the world. Close to 2 000 boutiques offer a cosmopolitan atmosphere with antique furniture & paintings, jewellery, games, books and a large selection of other objects such as vintage clothes & long playing records.
Lovers of the 20th century can also find exceptional pieces in the Paul Bert Market and lunch at "Ma Cocotte" a very chic and popular "canteen" created by the famous French designer Philippe Starck. You are sure to fall in love with it.
Click here to learn more about the area
RTL2 an important German TV chain contacted me to help them discover Montmartre in the form of a 50- minute documentary on Paris. So like this I met their team "by chance" in a local “creperie” and we strolled around the vines & went to the cabaret named "Le Lapin Agile", had a caricature done in Place du Tertre, drank Bordeaux from champagne glasses (!!) in front of the Sacre-Coeur and then finished up with a really good fondue. Ahhhhhhh!! Paris...
The same again the next day: breakfast on the terrace of the "Renaissance" then we prepared a picnic with the shopkeepers in the Rue du Poteau. Bread, ham fruit & vegetables and... another bottle of wine!
All the images are below if of course you master the language of Goethe…
> SERVICE AND PRICE
- Bilingual reception
- 16 sq m studio flat on the first floor with free parking space (on request)
- Capacity: 1/3 persons
- Noiseless air conditioner
- Beds: king size bed (160 x 200 cm) + single bed (90 cm x 200 cm)
- Bathroom with shower, sink and toilets
- Kitchen: fridge, freezer, ceramic hob, coffee machine, microwave and crockery
- Bath towels and bed sheets
- Television 39'' flat screen
- More than 250 international channels (Astra satellite)
- Free phone calls to French landlines and mobiles
- Broadband wifi internet access
- Cleaning (at the end of the stay)
- Water, heating and electricity
- Cot (on request)
- Also available: soap, shampoo, hair-dryer, umbrella, tourist guides of the city, maps.
- Parisian breakfast on request (extra charge: 7 EUR per guest and per day)
- Minimum stay: 2 nights
- The prices are PER apartment and NOT per person.
- For 4 people (or more!) click here
- Please contact me for longer stays!
- Tourist tax is included (0.45 EUR per night and per adult).
- A travel insurance is now available. You can be insured in case of cancellation, interruption and Personal liability. Click here for more info
> TRANSPORTATION AND DIRECTIONS
>> By car
Drive to Porte de Clignancourt ("Périphérique" ring road).
Free parking space in underground car park (manned 24/7, located 150 m away from the house).
Maximum height: 2,20 m
Frequently asked questions about the car park
>> By public transport
- subway line 4 / get off at “Porte de Clignancourt” and walk 5 min. from there (350 m).
- Bus 95 (Opera / Louvre / St Germain des Prés) stops a few meters away.
Travel times by underground to the major attractions in Paris (source www.ratp.fr):
- Champs-Elysées (14 min), Opéra (22 min), Louvre Museum (25 min), Eiffel Tower (29 min), Notre-Dame, Marais, Châtelet (30 min)
- Gare du Nord (Eurostar+Thalys), Gare de l'Est, Stade de France: 20 min (1,50 EUR)
- Gare de Lyon, Gare Montparnasse: 25 min
- Roissy CDG Airport: 1 h (FYI by taxi: 25 min / 50 EUR)
- Orly Airport: 1 h 15
- Disneyland Paris: 1 h
>> The neighborhood
> CONTACT AND RESERVATION
>> Important information
- For hygienic and security reasons, the apartment is non-smoking and does not accept animals.
- A 30% down payment has to be paid by the tenant when the reservation is confirmed. Payment have to be made through www.paypal.com (for Visa and Mastercard payment cards). We also accept wire transfers and French checks in euros. In the event of cancellation by the tenant or no-show, the tenant forfeits the whole of the down payment paid.
- The balance has to be paid upon arrival, when keys are handed over.
- The rental can begin at any day of the week.
- The time of arrival shall normally be between 2pm and 7.30pm, departure before 11am.
>> How to book?
1. Send me a request by email:
- number of adults and number of children
- arrival date, departure date
- arrival time and mode of transport
2. I reply to your request within a few hours with avaibility and price.
3. You confirm that you wish to book.
4. I send you the rental agreement and all the practical information.
5. You send me the signed rental agreement and the down payment.
The booking is now confirmed.